Book Review - Hothouse Flower (Addicted #2.2) by Krista & Becca Ritchie

23 Aug 2014

5 DAREDEVIL STARS! ★★★★★

   


"Danger. That is alluring. And it's what partially drew us together in the first place." 

Move over Loren Hale & Connor Cobalt, Ryke Meadows has officially taken over the top spot in the battle of the most swoon-worthy guy in the Addicted series. 

He's sexy, cocky, protective, crazy and cusses way too much BUT I LOVE IT. I LOVE ALL OF RYKE MEADOWS. What do I need to do to get me a Ryke Meadows?!
  
  

It feels like Christmas everytime I pick up this series. It gets me excited and squealing like a little girl when I unwrap these gifts given by the Ritchie sisters. I don't even care if it's a long novella because it's never enough. Simply perfection. 

******** 

The story picks up after the ending of Kiss the Sky. A quick recap: we have one engaged couple, one married couple and a whole lot of sexual tension between our 2 favorite daredevils.  

Daisy, the Calloway teenage model who acts beyond her years has finally hit 18 years of age. But she has always been that irresistible, beautiful grown woman in Ryke's eyes and now when the opportunity present itself, can they both keep up this charade? 

"You're a hothouse flower. You can't grow under natural conditions. You need adventure. And security and love in order to stay alive."

Hothouse Flower is the journey of Daisy & Ryke; what started out as friendship has inevitably grown into forbidden love. It was indeed a thrilling, exciting journey with some ups and downs & I love how they both went head-on to deal every single moment of it. 

"I've hit the lottery-to have him in my life. To me, he's worth every loud moment, every peaceful silence, the crazy and the sad, the restless and the quiet. I would trade it all to be with him."

So many captivating, beautiful moments as they embarked on a road trip together & sweet jeezus those steamy sex scenes ;D I expected nothing less from our adventurous daredevil duo & they 
delivered! ♥♥

  

And have I mentioned how much I love everyone in this series?! The ever-growing bromance between Ryke, Lo & Connor and the sisterly love between the Calloway sisters never cease to amaze me! Also, I'm really glad to see that some of the tension between Lo and Ryke has finally been addressed. 

Similarly to my review in Kiss the Sky, the only minor issue I had with this was the OTT drama towards the end and that last minute plot bomb dropped, whoa! But I enjoyed devouring Ryke & Daisy's journey so much that I still want to give this a 5-stars no less! ♥♥

"I love you Dais, because you're the wildest fucking girl with the biggest fucking heart. And without you in my life I'd be the unhappiest fucking guy."

******** 

Overall, Hothouse Flower is yet another brilliantly written, compelling love story in the Addicted series that will have you swooning and rooting for this couple. Needless to say, the Ritchie sisters sure know how to get us readers addicted to this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment