Book Review - Tamed (Tangled #3) by Emma Chase

27 Aug 2014

4 DEE DEE STARS! ★★★★

   


“Love is missing the taste of someone's morning breath. Thinking they're beautiful, even when their nose is Rudolph-red and their hair is bird's nest crazy. Love isn't putting up with someone in spite of their faults--it's adoring them because of them.” 

When in need for rom-com, I know I can always rely on Emma Chase to deliver the cure I need. Which is a whole lot of laughter mixed in with sexiness, fluff and fun. If you’ve read the previous instalments in the Tangled series, you would remember Matthew and DeeDee & this is their story. 

After being disappointed with Twisted (Book 2), Tamed has surely brought back the spark it had when I first read Tangled (Book 1) (Sorry Emma, but you’re better off writing a Male’s POV!). Matthew is no Drew, but hey, the guy can still crack up some cocky, smart-ass lines! He’s definitely more tamed than Drew, no pun intended :P Tamed’s timeframe runs parallel with Tangled. So if you decide to skip Twisted, no harm done! The story picks up from the same scene in Tangled where Matthew first meets Delores Warren (known as Dee) and he instantly knew that Dee is someone special for him. 

“Martini.”

“Dirty?”

“I like my martinis just like my sex.” she winks flirtatiously.
“Dirty is always better.”

Yes. I’m definitely in love.

On the other hand, Dee may seem like a wild woman on the outside but on the inside, she has commitment issues.

   

Will she be able to put out Matthew’s player ways & make him commit to one woman? And will Dee be able to commit herself to Matthew due to her past issues? 

While their story is rather cliché and at times I got a little frustrated with Dee, I still found the entire story to be a nice, sweet read. There are no OTT drama of any sorts & it's one of those sweet pleasant reads. Yes, Matthew & Dee still have their fair share of ups & down but it was enjoyable reading their entertaining banters. 

"Have you driven a motorcycle before?"
"No, but I've always wanted to."
"Well, I've always wanted to fly, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna strap on a squirrel suit and skydive from the goddamn Empire State Building."

Oh and of course, the appearance of side characters like Lexi “The Bitch” and little Mackenzie has always been the highlight of the series :D 

Overall, Emma still delivers the humour that she first brought to Tangled and if you’re looking for an enjoyable, sweet and sexy fun read, this is the one to go to! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment