Book Review - On Demon Wings (Experiment in Terror, #5) by Karina Halle

13 Sept 2014

5 CRAZY DEMONIC STARS! ★★★★★

 


“Perry,” he said quietly, his fingers trailing down the side of my face, “you’ll never have to save my life. You gave me life. I never lived a single day until the day I first met you.” 

Yes I'm powering through this series because this book is COMPLETELY UNPUTDOWNABLE! I read it in one complete sitting till the wee hours of the morning because it's JUST. THAT. GOOD.

I don't even care if I nearly peed on my bed reading this. Or the fact that I was too spooked to even leave my bedroom to go to the toilet after this one. Honestly, who the heck reads demonic possession book past midnight?! Well that would be me but still.

 

**********
A quick review in GIFs because my words will not be able to do justice to this amazeballs book.

After the ending of Book 4, Perry is back at her home at Portland. She's been trying to move on but all she feels is constant emptiness and barely making through each day.



But strange things starts happening to Perry. She often loses periods of time, she doesn't remember doing certain things or how she ends up in other places.

 

All of these seems to point at demonic possession but no one believes her. Her parents, her doctor and Maximus (I'd like to punch him in the nuts) think she's losing it.



And it really starts to get outta hand & she slowly starts to lose control of her mind and body.





Perry's sister, Ada was the only one who believed her and saved her in time by bringing Dex back (FINALLY! AMEN!) .

 

**********
And this is mostly my reaction the entire time:





All I can say that it was emotionally exhausting and absolutely terrifying.

Karina Halle absolutely outdone herself and I am completely floored by her writing. She is not only just capable of striking terror but also allowing us to connect to Perry on a whole new level. I even shed some tears because it was so heartbreaking to watch Perry struggled through everything alone :'(

I know a lot of people were upset with the lack of Dex in this one, but it really made the wait worthwhile when he finally made his appearance. My shipper heart soared with overwhelming happiness and trust me, every minute of them back together was PERFECTION ♥♥♥♥♥


"You have every right to hate me for this lifetime and many others. You have every right to never see me again. To spit on my grave. But tonight, now I'm not going to give up on you. I'm going to fix you, or die trying".

Dex Foray, you have ruined all men for me right now. I can't wait to get inside your little head with your POV-based novella ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment