Book Review: Art & Soul by Brittainy C. Cherry

2 May 2015

25398162
Book Title: Art & Soul
Author: Brittainy C. Cherry
Series: Standalone
Release Date: April 20th, 2015
Genres: Young AdultContemporary Romance
I had always been the invisible art student in high school. Passed by. Glossed over. Unnoticed. Now I was Aria Watson…that girl.

After one bad decision, and being labeled a slut, I was no longer unseen. I was the whore. The ignoramus. The tramp.

I would never be invisible again. Particularly to Levi Myers. He was the odd boy with the beautiful soul who accepted and understood the broken girl inside me.

Falling in love wasn’t the plan. But how could I resist his promises of hope? Of forgiveness? Of a future I had stopped dreaming of?

We were shattered. We were scarred. We were something strange and beautiful. We were two lost souls holding on to the only thing that could keep us together.

Each other.

BUY LINKS

{READ MORE FOR JASMINE'S REVIEW!}



 

Art – noun | [\ˈärt\] : The quality, production, expression, or realm, according to aesthetic principles, of what is beautiful, appealing, or of more than ordinary significance. 

 What an amazing book!! Yet another read that took me by a complete surprise, Art & Soul was beautifully written with characters that were so endearing and realistic, a story that I'd say would appeal to everyone. Having not read anything by this author before, I was completely blown away by her ability to take such a simple plot and turned it into such an emotionally-fuelled journey with her writing. After finishing this, I was so afraid that I couldn't find the right words to bring it justice because I'd like to shout from the rooftops and tell everybody to READ THIS BOOK!!

 

  Art & Soul follows the story of Aria Watson whose passion is in art, her favorite kind being the abstract ones. She's always been the good girl, staying out of trouble at school but all that changed when one bad decision led to her being noticed by everyone for the wrong reason. Then there's also Levi Myers who plays the violin, the new boy in school that has been grabbing everyone's attention too. He just moved in from Alabama, staying with his dad who has separated from his mum and in hopes that moving to Wisconsin would mend the broken relationship between his parents. When both Levi & Aria got paired up for a school project that requires them to present a piece which infused art with music, what started out as a friendship slowly blossomed into something more and beautiful.

   

 The only way I could describe this book is that reading Art & Soul made me remembered why I fell in love with the New Adult genre in the first place. Reading this brought me back to a place I've longed for, it reminded me when I first picked up my first CoHo book, Slammed and fell in love with a simple yet wonderful read that had me smiling, laughing and crying throughout. You get the same high school setting; nothing extraordinary but it's the author's writing that will touch your soul with her words. I fell in love with all her characters, even the ones that I thought I'd hate for their actions. I felt like I personally got to know each of them and was alongside them fighting their own battles.
"I wanted Dad to want me a little. I wanted Mom to stop wanting me so much. I wanted to be wanted, but not wanted a lot."
What I loved most about Art & Soul was that it didn't just solely focused on the romance aspect between Levi & Aria but it became a story that presented love in all forms. You get to witness the true love that stemmed from a parent towards their own child, the love of a survivor who had a second chance at life and most of all, this book brought hope even when it seemed like there was none and the world was against you.

   

 The story flowed effortlessly with each chapter and the dual POV was done beautifully for both Aria & Levi. There were just moments in this read that left me breathless as the emotions brought upon by these characters were just so raw and real. It had me misty-eyed at one point but I couldn't put it down because I just needed to know that things will be okay thereafter.

   

 Even with the absence of smut that would probably shelved this as a YA genre instead, this book had all the right ingredients that still made it a wonderful read but more importantly, it had the heart and soul that truly made it an unforgettable one. It got me smiling, swooning, crying but by the end of it all, it left me with a huge smile and wanting so much more. I didn't want to part ways with these characters that I've come to known and love, I wasn't ready to say goodbye :( 

 This is one of those books that stays with you and be remembered for its heartfelt story. I know there won't be enough words to fully capture the beauty of this read but all I ask from everyone is to give this read a shot if you're just looking for something simple yet wonderful to read. This was such a hidden gem that I never thought I'd pick up any time soon but I'm so glad that I did! A huge shoutout of thanks to Jennifer who recc'd me this and loaned it to me in a heartbeat, otherwise I would have missed out an amazing read, so THANK YOU!! ♥ 

 Again, I'd HIGHLY recommend this to everyone and no doubt a 2015 top read for me. The writing itself was enough to warrant 5 stars & had me highlighting all the quotes non-stop, enough said ;) 


  

Art & Soul is also officially stamped as one of our Best Read of 2015!

  Art & Soul is a standalone Young Adult contemporary romance read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment